Fifth Element Fashion Show

 
The Fashion Show of the Future 

    My group and I had a blast working on this project and being able to express our creativity. My outfit journey began at the thrift store, where I found the funky pants. We wanted to ensure that we were not contributing anymore to the enormous textile wastage that is already occurring. Once I found the pants I knew I had the perfect top just laying in my closet from a previous Halloween costume. I began by cutting up the shirt to give it a bit more dimension and flavor but the outfit was still missing something; that was when I had the idea to take a pair of white tights cut out the middle part and make a top that would only cover my arms, this way it would not take away from the main shirt. Next we wanted to have a common theme in all of our outfits so we decided to add some paper clips, I attached them to the bottom of my pants which also gave that silvery futuristic aesthetic. Lastly, to tie it all together I found a pair of chunky boots, black Matrix-like glasses, and a long blond wig with space buns. 

    The fashion show itself was so interesting and entertaining to watch, I loved seeing the creativity and everyone's own spin on this project. Aside from all the fun everyone had creating outfits it was wonderful to see that everyone had a bigger message behind their looks and that most of us acknowledged the clothing crisis that is happening and how we envision a hopeful future. 

Comments

Popular Posts