Red pill vs. Blue pill

 If you were faced with the same decision as Neo would you choose to continue living the life you know and take the blue pill or would you choose to learn the truth and take the red pill. I was assigned to argue for the red pill which luckily correlates with the decision I would make when faced with the question. The blue pill team argued that taking the blue pill is not in fact being ignorant but rather being smarter because your life will not be completely turned upside down and you are able to protect your mental health state. The red pill team counter argued this argument by saying that the blue pill stands for ignorance. 

I ask the question, why would one choose to live in a world in which they are controlled and used for energy? This is a controversial questions regarding the movie because people who side with the blue pill will argue that they would rather continue to live their life without knowing the reality of their existence which in my opinion is the definition of ignorance is bliss. However when offered an explanation to the world I would find it very hard to deny that knowledge. The concept of knowledge being power was debated throughout class as well. Although the knowledge gained from taking the red pill may not make you necessarily happy it gives you the power to take control of your life and possibly save society. As the blue pill team mentioned in class not everyone may be mentally strong enough to endure the truth but I believe that I would prefer to learn the truth and eventually process my new reality instead of living in a world that has blinded me from finding out that I am a slave born into a prison for my mind. 

Comments

Popular Posts