My First Day

     Today I had my first class of Honors 255. Unfortunately, it was on zoom but Professor Echeverry brought such a positive and entertaining aura to the screen which made me happy that this was my 8am class as opposed to any of my other classes.  It was slightly overwhelming because I am not used to classes in the humanities. As a biology major my forte has always been math and sciences where I am given facts and equations that I can learn and connect to each other whereas when I am challenged to be creative I worry I will not be creative enough or do the work properly. However, I am excited because I feel like this class will be a fun and creative outlet that will break me away from my typical structured lectures. I am eager to see what this class will be like and to challenge myself to step out of my comfort zone and expand my education beyond my major. As I mentioned before I am a biology major with a concentration in pre-dental in hopes of becoming an orthodontist one day and owning my own practice. I decided on this career path when I was seven years old because of my grandmother who is still a practicing dentist. Aside from being an aspiring orthodontist and college student, I enjoy spending my time at the gym. The gym has also been something important to me from a young age due to my cousin who I always admired. Today it is something that brings me a sort of fulfillment, there have not been many things I was good at growing up mostly because I never really stuck to and followed through on my hobbies but the gym has been the one thing I have never gotten bored of. As you can see my family has had major impacts on who I have become today even though I am unable to see them as often as I would like. Majority of my family is still living in Poland and I have been fortunate enough to visit them at least once a year until Covid hit us. Spending my summers in Poland has allowed me to grow my connection to my culture and ancestors, my passion for pursuing a career in dentistry, as well as allowed me to develop my personality into the person I am today. 

Comments

  1. THANK YOU!!!! I am jealous: I would love to visit Poland someday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts